Monday, December 15, 2008

My Opinion on Artificial Christmas Trees

Personally, I don't understand why someone would choose a fake tree over a real tree. I realize there is less mess, but there's just something about putting up a freshly cut Christmas tree. The family outing to find the perfect tree is a family tradition. So, I implore you, don't settle for the fake, unrealistic, plastic tree.

Shannon strings the Christmas lights around the tree. My job is to put the beads around the tree. I love ribbons on a tree, but I've tried, and I just make it look terrible.

The kids are responsible for all the decorations. I unpack them and Shannon supervises the placement of the ornaments.


This happened because I was trying to straighten the beads after the ornaments were in place. NOT SMART!


Katelyn's turn to put the star on top. I prefer a star. Shannon prefers an angel. We have yet to find an angel we really like enough to replace the star we've had since our first Christmas as husband and wife.



This is the picture we sent in our Christmas cards to out of state relatives.


Shannon liked this one better, but he was outvoted.

Whoops! How's that picture get in there?
Don't you just hate hypocrites?
.
(I do have a good excuse. My dad's allergic to real trees. The last 2 year that they had a real tree, my dad ended up in the hospital due to his asthma. They finally realized it must be the tree. The next year they had a fake tree and no hospital visit. Since my parents live with us, when they are not traveling, and we value breathing in our house, we've elected to use an artificial tree.) Your welcome, Dad!
.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Oh Michelle, you got me again! I've got to learn not believe everything you write!

We have a fake tree over here, too. I've never had a real one, so it's not something I even think about come Christmas time.

Your children are getting so grown up. It looked like you guys had a lot of fun putting up your tree.

♥ Amy said...

You know how you forget to teach your kids something, but you don't realize it until one day it all comes out and then you're shocked? Well, my girls had never seen an artificial tree before. They couldn't figure out why you had done that to your tree? Of course, it didn't help that you slightly deceived them. :)

You're too funny. Nice tree and wonderful kids!

Anonymous said...

Artificial Christmas trees have been used during the festive season for decades.