Monday, December 8, 2008

It's a start...

Well, we've been in our house for over a year and a half, and it's just starting to feel like our home. I'm slow to put up our decoration and such for the simple fact that I procrastinate. Also, I have NO skill in decorating. Still little by little, I'll have Shannon put up this or hang up that. It may not be worthy of a magazine cover, but the house is slowly feeling like a ours.

I did not put up this picture because of the skill of the decorator, obviously. This wall now has more meaning than it did before.
1. Shannon's Grandpa G made the quilt rack.
2. My Grandma M made the quilt, just for me.
3. The bench belonged to my Great-Grandma B.
4. The house itself was built by my Grandma and Grandpa T.

3 comments:

Julia said...

It looks beautiful, Michelle. What a rich heritage you have! Cherish it and share it with your children.

I feel the same about my house, too. It'll be two years on the 15th, but it's just now really feeling like our home.

Katie said...

What a beautiful quilt, Michelle! I'm jealous...I just love quilts! And as far as your decorating skills go, I think you do a great job. As long as your house feels like a home to you and your family, that's the important thing...and I have a feeling it does!

♥ Amy said...

That is really special. I'm sentimental about things around my house, too. I like to display my heirlooms and be reminded of the people that had such a part in my life.