Tuesday, October 28, 2008

On the way to The Apple Shed

This will be our third year in a row going to The Apple Shed. It's become one of our fall, family traditions. My husband called from work to remind me to find the address and plug it in to our GPS, just to make sure we didn't forget the way. So, being the dutiful wife that I am (no comments, please), I did as he requested. About half way there, Amanda (our GPS voice) started giving us directions completely opposite to the way my husband wished to go. Here is a brief synopsis of the conversation. Please keep in mind that all of this discussion is done in a teasing, not bitter tone. Shannon-my husband, Michelle-me, Amanda-GPS voice,Bree-our 5 year old.

Amanda - "At the next opportunity turn your vehicle around."

Michelle - "Amanda said to turn around."

Shannon - "I heard her."

Michelle - "Are you going to turn around?"

Shannon - "No."

Amanda - "At the next opportunity, turn your vehicle around."

Michelle - "Are you sure you're going the right way?"

Shannon - "Pretty sure."

Michelle - "Amanda thinks we are going the wrong way."

Amanda - "At the next opportunity, turn your vehicle around."

Michelle - "Be quiet, Amanda, he's not listening to you!"

Shannon - "Do YOU want me to turn around?"

Michelle - "NO, I'm sure you know more than Amanda.(Said with just a touch of teasing sarcasm.) If you're not going to listen to her, we should just turn her off.

Shannon - "Where does she want us to go anyway?"

Bree - "Daddy, just go the way you want to go!"

Michelle - "Uh, Amanda was taking us to Lori's Secret Garden. Sorry."

Somehow, when doing the final programing, I mixed it up. So , honey, this is for you.... I was .......not completely right. OK, OK, I was wrong! There had to be a first time, right?

4 comments:

Julia said...

You are so FUNNY!

Michelle said...

Laugh AT funny or laugh WITH funny?

Dawn said...

So there are other couples like Brad and I. :) Next time call me, I live just around the corner from the Apple Shed. It's almost a every other week trip for apples.

stacy said...

Oh, that's so funny! Well, you could've gone out for lunch first.