Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's like.....

Has it ever come to your attention that you do something that you didn't realize you did? Like, if you were asked if you like did this thing you would like say "no". I had one of these realizations last Sunday night. I say the word "like" like every sentence. Like, how incredibly annoying! What am I....like 12?

If you would have asked me Sunday at 4 pm how often I said the word "like" inappropropriately, I would have said occasionally. Actually, I probably would have said "like, occasionally." At about 5:45 PM, I found out differently. Two ladies were with me in the nursery at church and were commenting on how often I said "like". They weren't being mean, just observant, but I'm bitter so I will call them extremely cruel! At first, I didn't believe them, but then I heard myself try to say something, making an effort not to say the dreaded word, and I couldn't speak. Every other word was "like".

I've decided to try to work on this. Now, I don't want everyone to correct me when they hear me utter the word. That would drive me crazy, but I do want to cut down on my usage of the word. It will be a long, hard journey, and it may take me years to get out of the habit, but I will beat this.One likeless sentence at a time. When you hear me say "like" ignore it, please. I will ignore all your annoying habits, too.



For the record, we sang "It's Just LIKE Jesus" in church that night.

3 comments:

stacy said...

That's too funny! I have one of those words, too but I wont tell you what it is so that maybe no one will notice. Besides, I'm working on it. I never noticed your "like"s. But I will now ;)

Katie said...

Oh, Michelle, you are too funny!! You know I will be carefully listening to everything you say now, don't you?!!! And I will be sure to correct you, but only in Christian love of course - to be a help to my friend in her time of need!! I'll talk to you later!!!

Katie

♥ Amy said...

Well, it's been like a week now, and have you like broken the habit yet? Do you find yourself like stuttering? :)