Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank you

Moments ago, I read a friend's blog, Amazing Love (see side bar). She shares some of her thoughts on this Veteran's Day. Yes, this is a day set aside to honor those that have served in our military. A day to remember their sacrifice for American freedom. Her words reminded me of the sacrifice of the wives, husbands, children, family and friends. I know Julia did not write her blog in the effort to glorify herself, but it did make me appreciate more the sacrifices of the families of those in the service of our great country. I knew Julia's husband was in the military. I, also, knew that he was not there for the birth of their first child. I knew that she was without him for a great amount of time, but I don't think I ever really thought about it. How difficult it must have been for her. Never thought about what a debt of gratitude I owe to her and those like her.



Although I honor and greatly appreciate the brave men and women who have and are serving, I want to send a special thanks to those who were left at home. Your sacrifice was great. Your sacrifice was for me and my family. From the bottom of my heart ...Thank you.

1 comment: