Thursday, October 2, 2008

IT IS FINISHED!.........(finally)

Ever done a time consuming project with no visible changes. I mean, it looks like nothing was done. I just completed one of those projects. Last December, we had 600 sq. feet of tile installed in our newly remodeled kitchen. The grout should have been sealed soon after installation, but I never got around to it. I have a million excuses, none of them very good.

With school starting, I could not, in good conscience, put this project off any longer. It's not hard work, just time consuming. I did it over a few days because of drying time between coats, moving furniture, etc. Doesn't it look nice?







BEFORE




AFTER

Notice any difference? Me, neither! It's finished and no one will appreciate but me. (Any one else hear a sorrowful violin playing in the background?)

Note: I highly recommend tile if you can afford it (it's pricey). It hides a lot and cleans up nicely if you pick the right color grout and SEAL it. Downside...if you drop a plate, glass, or jar it will not only break, it will SHATTER into tiny pieces and spread all over the floor. This is a sore topic for me. I just shattered a glass jar last night. What a mess! I'm still finding little shards of glass.

1 comment:

♥ Amy said...

That's how I feel every time I finish cleaning my house. By the time I finish, the little ones have already gone behind me and messed it up. Well, maybe I see some improvement, and even if you can't SEE yours, you can feel it inside, I'm sure. Good for you for finally getting that done!