Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Katelyn!

Earlier this month, Katelyn turned 11.



Aren't you jealous of my decorating skills? Yup, this is my skill at peak performance. Need help for your next party, believe it or not, I still have dates available!


OK, I forgot to rotate the picture before I transfered it. There probably is a way to do it now, but I'll deal with it as it is. Feeling a little better about your cake, Julia? You should!


Special "sparkling" candles top the cake, and, yes, that's a toy lizard on her cake. I used to buy the birthday cakes at Tops because the kids enjoyed the little toys that came with them. Then I realized that $20 for a plastic toy is ,well, stupid. The kids don't mind the homemade cake, but they still enjoy the toy. Thank you dollar store!


Our gift to Katelyn. I know, it's not politically correct, but we are not very "big" on being politically correct so TOUGH! My kids are taught to be careful: just don't stand where they are about to shoot.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I think the cake turned out nice. A BB gun...cool. Girl after my own heart...so she's a tomboy? :)

Dawn said...

I hated cutting his hair but it was always in his eyes. It just had to be done. :( Of course I saved it. crazy that mom's do that but you just have to.

FYI...I was a tomboy until I was 14. I am no Mrs. Young, but my husband loves me just the way I am and wouldn't want a girly girl. God has plans and husbands for us all.

Julia said...

Oh, your cake was beautiful! Mine was just a mound of sugar that didn't even resemble a cake. That's such a good idea to put a dollar store toy on the cake. Remind me to do that in March for Kathryn, OK? :)

The pic of Katelyn of holding a bb gun cracks me up! We're just the opposite of you guys over here. Kathryn was 3 before she even knew what a gun was. She was over at a friends house that had all boys and she brought one to me and asked me what it was. I had to show her how to hold it!

Yup, we're all girly girls here. That's probably why Kenny wanted a boy so bad!