Sunday, October 26, 2008

'Tis the Season

No, not Christmas...Hunting!

With hunting season upon us, it always reminds me of a story that I was told about 13 years ago. While teaching in a private school in Indiana, the pastor told a story about his friend. This friend was a avid hunter. One day his granddaughter was watching the movie Bambi for the first time. He was worried about the scene where Bambi's mother gets shot, worried about what his granddaughter would think of Grandpa's hunting. The dreaded scene begins, then the shot rings out. His granddaughter gasps and then cries, "Wow, Grandpa! What a shot!"

Now, could this be one of those urban legend stories? It's possible, but I'm just relaying what was told to me. I'm a horrible storyteller (just ask my husband) so please forgive the lack of creativity in the telling of the story.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Cute story! Give yourself more credit, you're a good story teller! That scene never bothered Kathryn either. When ever we eat venison, Kenny tells Kathryn that we're eating Bambi.

Dawn said...

That's adorable. Pastor would appreicate that story.