Thursday, February 5, 2009

Prayer request

I talked with my sister-in-law, Leslie, today. In her Christmas letter, she announced that she was pregnant with another child, so the first words out of my mouth were "Congratulations!" Unfortunately, she then informed me that she had a miscarriage this week. A miscarriage is horrible, I don't care how many children you have, but her situation made the loss even more devastating.
Early last year, their barn burned down. They lost a lot of equipment and some livestock, but that wasn't the worst of it. They found out that the insurance they were sold did not cover anything related to the farm. Now, when they went to the company for insurance they made it clear that they had a farm. They even paid an extra premium for the contents of the barn. Virtually, nothing was covered. It's not the insurance company's error, but the company that talked them into this particular policy. Now you could argue that they should have read through the entire policy, including all the fine print, but when you buy a policy that's titled "County Farm Estate", it would lead you to believe that you were covered. They are presently in litigation and on the 20th of this month is their deposition. One of the first steps in an attempt to get the situation rectified.
Leslie was pregnant during this very stressful time and she delivered a stillborn baby girl last May. There was no concrete reason, but the doctor said it could have been nothing more than stress. There is no way to know for sure, but you can imagine how awful the situation was for the family. Of course, she was overjoyed to find out she was pregnant this past Christmas, but she miscarried. She's not one to get depressed or question God, but she is , understandably upset. I'm sure she would appreciate any prayers for her and her family.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Oh, Michelle, I'm so sorry for Leslie. Let her know that we're praying of her. Keep us updated on how the deposition goes.

Stacey said...

Michelle, my mind cannot even comprehend giving birth to a still born baby. I don't know anything that could be harder than that. I was having my healthy baby the same month. It honestly breaks my heart. I'm sorry!

Pretty In Purses said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Prayed for these folks.

♥ Amy said...

I, too, have been praying for Leslie. I cannot fathom the hurt. I am glad she knows God and is in His hands.