Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, Honey!

Today is officially my husband's birthday. Since there is a sportsman's dinner at our church, we decided to celebrate last night. The plan was to for me to prepare his favorite meal and to stay at home, but there's always a need to be flexible. Now, I had already prepared the lasagna and the bread dough that morning, but ,when my husband came home for lunch, he said there was a change of plans. He needed to pick up a motor in the city so "let's go out to eat." Those, I think, are some of my favorite words! The lasagna can wait for another day.
Since I had a gift certificate, we went to The Olive Garden. I was looking for a "not too obvious way" of letting the server know it was my husband's birthday, but it was hard to do. Then, both of the girls needed to use the restroom. Answer to a prayer I hadn't ,as of yet, prayed for. While in the bathroom, "Voila"....a worker.
"Do you still embarrass people on their birthday?" I ask.
She replies,"Yes!" Actually, she nodded her head, but, whatever.
Anyhoo....she follows us out to our table to let our server know to whom the song must be sung.
I soooooooo wish I had a camera ready to take his picture when he realized what was happening. He was too funny. He turned a brilliant shade of red! The best part is that since my birthday was last week, he can't retaliate any time soon.




I'm so glad to be married to this man!!!! (There, honey. Do you forgive me now?)
.
Hey...if anyone's interest, I posted some SeaWorld pictures on my vacation blog.

1 comment:

♥ Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Shannon! You owe her big for that one. That gives you a whole year to be nervous, Michelle. :)