Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Poor me...

Another child stricken with the stomach bug just as he was getting over a nasty cold. David came home from school today to let me know he had been "sick" at school. It seems this family wants to see how long we can draw out this bug. It seems to get one child per week. Is Katelyn next? Or one of the adults? Hopefully, David will be the last.
Oh why, oh why, can't we be as lucky as Amy and her family? :) Why couldn't we all be sick at the same time and get this torture over with? It's still lurking in our house. I can feel it. It's waiting to strike. The cold bug is still here, too. It's mocking me....
----
Disclaimer: I just want to be clear that I, in no way, would have wished to be in Amy's shoes over this past illness. I can't imagine 13 people with varying degrees of illness in the same house at the same time.I'm tired just thinking about it. Hope you and your family are doing better, Amy.

2 comments:

stacy said...

Oh, no, I'm so sorry. You must have been thinking you were past it by now. How weird that there was so much time in between each kid getting sick. I hope David feels better soon.

♥ Amy said...

Thanks, Michelle. It's not so bad as long as I try to keep it into perspective. I'm glad it's almost over with. Let's see, 7 days each x 13 would have been, well, way too long to endure.

Hope you're all over your "plague" soon.