Saturday, January 31, 2009

I turned 28 years old today......

.....again.
.
Today was a great day! It's the one day I can justify being lazy most of the day. I stayed in bed until 10am. I wasn't asleep the whole time, but I was relaxed and comfortable. My husband even brought me breakfast in bed. OK, it was the generic version of Cocoa Pebbles, but he brought it to me with very little arm twisting.
When he returned home from bus visitation, I got flowers and chocolates. We decided to not get each other B-Day gifts due to our recent trip to Florida, just a little something to acknowledge the day. Then we went out to eat. I love Cracker Barrel, but my husband hates it. So, we compromised and went to Cracker Barrel. Hey, it was my birthday so I got to pick, right? We got back around 3:00 and I took a nap! I was tired from all that I had to do that morning. (I did do the dishes....meaning I emptied out the dishwasher, and then filled it.)
We picked our son up from his teen activity and headed over to a friend's house for dessert. Julia made me a birthday cake (with a 28 on it), and she had all our kids and the adults sing to me. It was sweet! She must think I smell or something because she gave me shower gel and such in the guise of a birthday present, but I appreciated it anyway. :) Thank you so much Julia. Your friendship means a great deal to me.
God has greatly blessed me with a great husband, children, church, and friends. It's more than I deserve. I tend to take these things for granted and I shouldn't.

5 comments:

♥ Amy said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great time. You crack me up!

Julia said...

You ARE too funny!
:)

Anne M Adams said...

well happy birthday and they are right- I love to look at the comments on there blogs just to see what you said.. you are hilarious- great sense of humor for someone in the hmmmm twenties.

stacy said...

Math isn't my strongest subject, but I'm thinking.. your oldest is 12, isn't he? Hmm.
Well, if you say so - Happy 28th Birthday!

♥elisabeth joy♥ said...

Hey if I plan on copying you I should be pregnant right now. :) jk I didn't realize it was your birthday. Happy Birthday!