Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Florida First

I went to church today! This is the first time that I have been healthy enough to attend church in Florida. The past three trips (2003,2004,2005) I have been very sick over the trip. I think I catch something on the plane ride down. Each trip I end up on antibiotics, either after the trip is over or during the trip. This year I'm completely healthy....so far.
Some bad news though......today is the last really warm day. A cold front is coming through. Really, on Friday the high will only be only 59 degrees. It's terrible, isn't it? Right now the kids are swimming in the pool of the house we rented. It's beautiful. It's nice to take a trip south in the winter, a break from the cold. I highly recommend if at all possible.
The first year we came, they had record low temperature. It was as low as 32 degrees if I remember right. It was at least that low because it was on the news that someone's sprinkler had frozen. The cold weather didn't bother us because they showed pictures of the horrible weather in Rochester, NY on the local news. It was much worse than 32 degrees. It's almost funny how panicked Floridians get when the temperature is at or below freezing, but I guess they have citrus crops to consider.
Well, I hope everyone is happy and healthy, even though it's cold! See you Sunday!

2 comments:

Julia said...

I'm glad to hear from you, but do you have to rub it in? SWIMMING?! Outside?! And you didn't invite us along because...?

Glad you're still healthy and having fun!

Where's all the pictures?

♥ Amy said...

I hope you're still feeling healthy. I know it makes a world of difference when you're feeling good.

Have lots of fun!