Friday, August 28, 2009

The Zoo

I slept in, skipped my treadmill, and had a brownie for breakfast. I have a cold, and I'm very whiny when I am sick, but I bought this membership to the zoo way back in June. We've only used it once this summer and time is running out. After lunch, I surprised the kids with the announcement, "Any one want to go to the zoo?!"

Our zoo is...well...not very big. It's disappointing at times, a blessing at others. Today it was a blessing. It's quick and easy to walk through, yet still thrills the kiddos.


The orangutans are my favorite. Sometimes they do nothing, but today they were very entertaining.















I know, it's hard to tell they are entertaining from the pictures, but they had us laughing for quite a while.






The wild bunch I get to live with.





Robert's favorite reptile


I was trying to get a picture of the wild zoo animal, but I caught a reflection of David. Well...I like it anyway.




Katelyn's favorite. He was nice enough to walk around for a while. Usually, he's off in a corner sleeping.

It was a good day even though I am suffering with a horrible cold. See.....told ya....whiny.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I love the pic with David's reflection! How come you didn't photoshop all those fences out of your pics? ;)

What a fun day! I hope you feel better soon. I understand about the whole whinny thing, my husband's the same way! :D