Friday, August 28, 2009

I Have a Teenager?

It's hard to believe that I have a teenager. It seems impossible considering I am only 28. :)

Last week, my eldest child celebrated his 13th birthday. I'm still not use to his deeper voice and the fact that it won't be long before he is taller than me.

We were actually planning on having his birthday party on his actual birthday. This is not the norm. We, usually, have a party on the weekend before or after the actual day. But, alas, it was not meant to be. The stomach bug or, as we affectionately refer to it, Amy's bug was still making its rounds. Since we were unsure who , if anyone, actually had or was going to have the bug, we postponed the party. I don't think anyone actually had the bug, but the day before the "big day" 2 of the kiddos were complaining about stomach pain so we weren't taking any chances.

The actual day didn't go unobserved. David requested cheesecake.... which I bought. I did make the blueberry topping from the blueberries we picked with our own little hands a day or so before.














The Main Party

No, I didn't make the cake. I usually do, but due to unforeseen circumstances, I needed to buy a cake. We chose an ice cream cake from the Cold Stone Creamery. I wasn't impressed. An Abbott's ice cream cake tastes SO much better...just FYI.






This is my newest nephew, Caleb. He's about 6 months old and......FAT. I love chunky babies and this boy is CHUNKY!!!!!

MICAH UPDATE: He's home!!!!! He had his surgery on Sat. and was home on Sunday. He still has a long way to go before he's completely recovered, but he's happy to be home. Thanks, again, for your prayers.

Julia- I didn't "photoshop" the fences because that would be deceitful. The fences were there and to take them out would be a lie. Besides, I have NO CLUE how to do that or they would be long gone!

4 comments:

Julia said...

Hey! I don't know why I'm just now finding your post. I have checked my blog roll a couple times since you posted this. I have no idea how to photoshop the fences out either! I know it's possible because I watched a tutorial on it once a loooong time ago, but I don't remember the process.

I'm glad no one else caught Amy's bug!

That cake looked wonderful. I've always wanted to try a coldstone cake, glad you did it for me.

I can't believe how BIG David is getting either.

I thought my Kaleb was chunky! Your nephew definitely out chunkifies him.

stacy said...

Now that's my kind of birthday cake!
Happy Birthday, David. I'll have a teenager pretty soon, too. It's hard to believe.

Your nephew sure is a "chunker munker"

♥ Amy said...

So, how long do I get this honor? I actually get really, really sick with a stomach bug for once in my life and now I get to claim credit for every stomach bug from here on out? Cool!

Happy Birthday to David and his young mother. Liar.

And your Caleb is just a doll. Talk about kissable cheeks!

Praise the Lord about Micah. That's wonderful news.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.