Saturday, May 16, 2009

Red Wings Game

Frankly, the only reason I attend the games is for all of the wonderful food, but this time I also snapped a few pics. Here are a few, in no particular order.






I love this picture. Don't they look cute?


Sorry, Brittany. I had to put this in. You look bored.




Kristina was sitting in front of me and she just looked so adorable curled up with the pink blanket. I couldn't resist a picture. She should be used to a camera, right?

And then this is how the night ended.......

A broken window...







I checked for anything valuable. We had about 10 dollars in the glove compartment. It was safe. The GPS was safe. David's friend, Jeff, had his stuff in the back with a PSP. Still there. What was the point? There was a shattered vodka bottle so we thought it was just a random drunk. We called 911 and waited and waited and waited. It seemed like forever. During this time we walked around the lot and my children spotted a pink Bible. Katelyn said it looked like the one she had in her purse. It was hers.
Okay, so these brilliant, criminal masterminds see a fabric purse in the back seat and decide to break our window to get it. What was in her purse? The Bible, Kleenex, a star wars figure, pencils and a pen. Most of which we found in the parking lot. They must not have felt they needed the Bible.
The police arrive and tell us that there have been a string of these types of incidents. They think they know who is doing this, but they can't prove. They even had an unmarked car watch this gang, but so far....nothing.

The tech person showed up to try to get fingerprints, but they weren't able to get good prints. One of these geniuses was cut by the glass and bled in my car. THE NERVE! They did swap the blood, but I don't really think that this case will warrant a DNA test, do you?

Well, that was our adventure. No major harm done. Just a very late night.


Happy that her Bible is back in her hands.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow! I am glad she got her Bible back. I remember having mine stolen and being devastated for a long time. So sorry about your window! By the way,,,,who won? :)

♥ Amy said...

How awful. I know how tired and full - haha - and ready to go home you feel after a game and then to meet up with something like this. It's such a horrid feeling when someone has violated your personal property (I even hate ants for that reason!). I'm glad you didn't lose anything valuable. This will be one of those stories your kids tell until they're old and dead, won't it?

I kept scrolling down looking for one of my kids. She is kind of cute, isn't she? :)

Michelle said...

Jennie, let's see... the team in the gray outfits won. I was told to cheer for the team NOT in gray so my team loss.
(Indianapolis Indians beat the Redwings, can't remember by how much).
Amy, I took a picture of your husband while trying to get a picture Katelyn. He looked so mean. It made me laugh. I debated about putting it in the blog, but Rachael's face was up close and,though it's a lovely face, I didn't think she would appreciate it being so close up.

Brittany said...

Mrs.Geer,how could you? I thought you loved me!! Well you probably just couldn't resist,cuz I am so beautiful.lol

Michelle said...

It's true, Brittany. You were just too cute!

Unknown said...

Hi, coming to you from Amy´s blog. Have seen your comments round about. ;) Thought I would check out your blog and got caught reading your red wing game experiance and the broken window. Wow! Lord willing they saw the pink Bible and got convicted. Amazing they didn´t take anything else! I use to be scared of people hiding under my car after I was done work at Orbaker´s Drive in. I knew that our town was safe but now I would really be freaked. :/
Some crazy window breaking bandits out there. Hope they get caught or cut enough times to quit! ;)