Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Recipe

This one is for Jen and Sue-

Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 cans chicken (or cook your own)
3/4 c. hot sauce
2 packages cream cheese
1 cup ranch dressing
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a sauce pan, heat chicken and hot sauce until heated through.

Add cream cheese and ranch dressing. Blend until melted.

Add 1/2 of the cheddar cheese and stir until melted.

Transfer to crockpot and top with remaining cheese. Heat, on low, until cheese is melted and bubbly.

I usually serve it with tortilla chips, but the recipe says to serve with celery sticks. Haven't tried the celery sticks, yet.

For church fellowships I usually double the recipe. It's a bit spicy, so add less hot sauce if you are concerned. You can always add more later. My crockpot has a warm setting. I usually use that instead of low.

Boy, wouldn't it be nice if I would have posted a picture. Didn't think of it at the time.

Also, I wrote this from memory. I'll let you know if I got something wrong. :)

2 comments:

♥ Amy said...

And for me, too? Chris really liked this last night. I'm sure he checked ahead to see who had made it (he's funny like that), but I forgot to ask him. I'm sure I'll be trying it soon, so let me know if you have any corrections. You'll probably do better than me, though. I always seem to post recipes wrong the first time around.

stacy said...

Humph, we wait this long for a post and you don't even give us a picture?

It sounds good but I don't think I'll be trying it. I'm on a losing streak in the kitchen lately.(cause I'm normally such a great cook) ;)