Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My In-Laws

My in-laws came to visit for Brianna's kindergarten graduation. They came on a Wednesday and left on Saturday morning. Shannon's dad does not like being a way from home. It seems no one can take care of his chickens quite as lovingly as he can care for them. Therefore, the visit was short, but sweet.


Of course they brought my 16 (soon to be 17) year old sister-in-law, Shawna. I met her when she was just 2 months old. I can't believe that next year she will be finishing high school. She has always been wonderful with my children. When we visit Michigan, I rarely see my children because she is always willing to take them outside and play. Because her three brothers are all much older, she was really raised as an only child. She has been spoiled, but not "spoiled" by all of the spoiling. (Yes, I realize that the last sentence sounds funny, but you get my meaning.)




Well, they've got to earn their keep somehow.

3 comments:

Julia said...

I can't believe that you had them painting! Did they do a good job?

BTW, all my kids have been very fussy angry babies. I think it's because of the language barrier. I don't speak infant very well. Everything's so much easier when they can tell me what's wrong in ENGLISH.

Michelle said...

My father-in-law can't sit and do nothing for long, so he OFFERED to paint the house. My mother-in-law got bored so we got a small section of our house painted.
I'm surprised....I would have thought you spoke infant gibberish very well. :)

Katie said...

You made me LOL!